5 reasons why your business should be active on social media during the Christmas break.

The Christmas break is here, a time we spend with those near and dear, a season filled with lots of warm holiday cheer, and though a break from work is always a great perk … we would still encourage businesses to keep their social media active during the Christmas break and we have the results to prove it!

Recently, we conducted a poll on twitter and Instagram asking our audience if they would be active on social media throughout the festive break. Our results were as expected, 100% of our followers on Instagram admitted to being active on social media, 67% of our followers on twitter admitted to checking in for updates while the remaining 33% voted for being active on social media throughout the Christmas break, surprised? We aren’t.

The digital space continues to grow every year with more and more users, it’s the most suitable platform for businesses to connect with customers during the holiday break… avoid being ‘out of sight and out of mind’ think marketing and get the Christmas break on your social media calendar and here are 5 credible reasons to do so:

1. Spreading the Holiday cheer!

Social media posts during Christmas are relevant and connect with your audience emotionally! Social media sees a user growth of 13% every year (Chaffey, 2018) (Smartinsights), that just means there are more people online on Christmas day sending out more holiday cheer than ever this year! Warm, humble, creative Christmas wishes from your business will go a long way in creating an emotional appeal to your audience!

2. Easy to create posts that keep your social media platforms active!

Source: https://www.socialbakers.com/blog/2326-the-best-of-facebook-instagram-on-christmas

Simple and creative holiday messages to keep your feed interesting and draw in traffic!

3. Audience Engagement

Source: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/show-how-youre-celebrating-christmas-10648849

Create content that is easily sharable, engaging, innovative and creative to drive traffic to your pages and keep your audience interested!

4. Marketing and sales!

During Christmas, everyone is gift searching or treating themselves! Why not gift your consumers a good ol’ Christmas discount or advertise your upcoming sales!

Using the holidays to bag in more sales is a perfect social media tactic to close your financial statements with a smile!

5. Simple, automated Content Upload

Yet another advantage of social media marketing. Using software applications such as Meltwater, buffer etc. allows you to schedule your posts for the holidays so you can enjoy time with your family and friends!

However, it’s always wise to have an employee (or yourself) to check in on the engagement so as to address any customer complaints (if any), though, with the holiday spirit, we anticipate only cheer!

We hope this blog post was influential enough to get Christmas on your social media calendar this year (well … every year)!

Feel free to share and let us know what you think!

#businessduringchristmasbreak #socialmediapostsonchristmasday #postingonchristmasday #postingonchristmaseve #postingonboxingday #socialmediamarketing #holidayposts #holidaysocialmediaposts

Everything Starts With A Dot.